Scooters, skateboards, and bicycles at PWS
Wednesday April 12th at 11:17 am
Park West School policy re. use of scooters, skateboards, and bicycles on school property:
- Bicycles are never permitted to be used on school grounds. Students bringing bicycles to school must walk them on school property. Bike racks are available near the main entrance.
- Scooters and skateboards should not be used on the school grounds in the mornings as students are arriving for school (8:00 am - 8:25 am) due to congestion caused by pedestrians and vehicular traffic.
- Students in grades P - 3 may not use scooters or skateboards on school grounds at recess or lunch time due to lack of safe spaces to play.
- Students in grades 4 - 6 may use scooters and skateboards during recess at the back corner of the parking lot on the south side of the building (i.e. music room side).
- Students in grades 4 - 9 may use scooters and skateboards during the lunch period at the back corner of the parking lot on the south side of the building (i.e. music room side).
- Scooters and skateboards may not be used at the front of the building (traffic loop, main entrance area, staff parking lot, etc.).
- Helmets must be worn at all times if using scooters and skateboards on school grounds.